Strawberry Panzanella Salad
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- ½ Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup canola oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices of sourdough French bread cut 1 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh California strawberries sliced
- ½ cup avocado cubed
- 4 cups little gem lettuce or romaine
- 1 Tbsp queso fresco crumbled
- To make the dressing, combine Dijon mustard, rice wine vinegar, and canola oil in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- Heat a grill skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Brush slices of sourdough bread with olive oil.
- Grill each side of the sourdough bread for about two minutes, until the bread is toasted and has grill marks.
- Remove the bread from the skillet and dice the bread into 1-inch cubes .
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, avocado, lettuce, and ¼ cup of the dressing.
- Toss the salad, using your hands to break down the pieces of bread.
- Taste and add more dressing if desired.
- Transfer the salad to a plate, and top with queso fresco.