Stuffed jalapeños with a hint of sweet! The ultimate appetizer, these jalapeños are a party in your mouth!
Strawberries and Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños
- 8 jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup California strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 spears thyme
- vegetable oil as needed
- Roast jalapeños on a flat pan at high heat; when the skin turns dark, place them in a plastic bag for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove the peppers’ skin; make a lengthwise cut and remove the seeds.
- Bread the jalapeños by first covering them with flour, followed by egg, and finishing with breadcrumbs.
- Stuff with the cheese and half of the strawberries.
- Place the oil in a pan and heat it up at 355°F; fry the jalapeños for 5 minutes. Remove excess oil by using absorbent paper.
- Serve and garnish with the remaining strawberries and thyme.