If you’re looking for the perfect treat anyone will love, look no further. Strawberries and vanilla make the perfect flavor combination.
Strawberry Vanilla Gelatin
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 6 gelatin pouches
- 2 cups cold water
- 4 cups California strawberries sliced in 4 pieces
- ¾ cup simple syrup (boil equal parts water & sugar and allow to cool)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 cups + 1 oz milk
- 2 cups + 1 oz heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar
- ½ cup mint leaves
- Hydrate the gelatin with half of the water and dissolve it in the microwave for 40 seconds.
- Blend 1/3 of the strawberries with the remaining water, natural syrup and the orange zest; strain it and add half of the hydrated gelatin.
- Place strawberries on the bottom part of the gelatin mold, and add the mix that you just cooked. Refrigerate for an hour or until gelatin has set.
- Mix the milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and the confectioners sugar. Add the remaining hydrated gelatin and pour on top of the already set gelatin. Refrigerate for two hours.
- Remove the gelatin from the mold and decorate with strawberries and mint leaves.
Serving: 1 236g slice | Calories: 421kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 51mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 38g