This recipe is perfect for babies and grown-ups alike! It’s loaded with tons of nutrients and good-for-you ingredients like strawberries (of course!), flax and chia seeds and not to mention, some egg for protein. It’s the perfect way to start your, and your babies, morning. Recipe by Michelle Smith.
Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- ⅔ cups rolled oats
- 8 strawberries stems removed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ground golden flax seed
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 eggs beaten
- In a pot, bring 1½ cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the oats and reduce the stove temperature to medium. Occasionally stirring, cook the oats for 6 to 7 minutes until they are tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the oats are cooking, add the strawberries and maple syrup to a blender or food processor and pulse on high until the strawberries are finely chopped into small pieces.
- Once the oats have cooked*, add the strawberries, flax seed, chia seeds and coconut cream to the pot and stir to combine. Heat over medium heat until hot.
- When the oats are hot, slowly pour the beaten egg into the porridge, frequently stirring. Continue to stir the oats until the egg is incorporated and cooked.
- Serve with additional chopped strawberries and coconut cream on top if desired.