Agua fresca is a refreshing, fruit-infused drink that is perfect year-round. Adding chia seeds makes it more filling and pairs perfectly with sweet ripe strawberries. Recipe by Teresa Barajas.
Strawberry Agua Fresca with Chia
Yield: 5 Cups
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 4½ cups of water
- 12 California strawberries hulled
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup ice
- mint to garnish
- Add chia seeds to ½ cup of water and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Place 8 strawberries, sugar, juice from one lemon, and 1 cup of water into the blender. Blend until puréed.
- Pour 3 cups of water into a large pitcher.
- Add puréed strawberries to pitcher.
- Add chia mixture to pitcher and stir until fully combined.
- Slice remaining strawberries and one lemon (including peel) and add to pitcher.
- Pour ice into pitcher. Serve cold and garnish with strawberries and mint.
Serving: 1 cup | Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g
2 Comments on “Strawberry Agua Fresca with Chia”
DanielleFebruary 25, 2021 at 11:52 am
Love this! Its so delicious! Thanks!
CA StrawberriesFebruary 26, 2021 at 1:22 pm
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.