Strawberry Agua Fresca with Chia
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 4½ cups of water
- 12 California strawberries hulled
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup ice
- mint to garnish
- Add chia seeds to ½ cup of water and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Place 8 strawberries, sugar, juice from one lemon, and 1 cup of water into the blender. Blend until puréed.
- Pour 3 cups of water into a large pitcher.
- Add puréed strawberries to pitcher.
- Add chia mixture to pitcher and stir until fully combined.
- Slice remaining strawberries and one lemon (including peel) and add to pitcher.
- Pour ice into pitcher. Serve cold and garnish with strawberries and mint.