Strawberry Apple Roll-Ups
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ medium apple peeled cored and cut into pieces
- 5 large medjool dates pitted
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp organic sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Cover a cookie sheet with plastic wrap. Spread the roll-up mixture onto the cookie sheet using the back of a spoon or an offset spatula. It should be pretty thin, no thicker than ¼”, but you don’t want it too thin or it will tear when you peel it off after drying.
- Dry the roll-ups in your oven set at the lowest temperature (mine goes to 200°F so I had to prop the oven open to keep it from being too hot and melting the plastic wrap.) About 170°F is ideal. If you like, you can preheat your oven to 200°F, shut it off, put the sheet inside, and let it dry overnight in the cooling oven and pilot light. The roll-ups are done when they are not wet to the touch and just the tiniest bit tacky.
- Once the roll-up sheet is fully dry, use scissors to cut it into strips with the plastic still attached. Cut strips of parchment paper the same size as the roll-up strips. Peel the plastic wrap off of each strip and lay it on the parchment. Roll it up from the short end and secure with a sticker or scotch tape. Store the roll-ups at room temp in a plastic baggie.