Sweet strawberry jam and creamy brie cheese fill these delicious personal-sized pies. They make a great dessert for holiday entertaining, or to enjoy any time of the year!
Strawberry and Brie Hand Pies
Yield: 9 pies
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 ⅓ cups strawberries finely chopped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4.5 oz Block of brie cheese
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour for dusting
- 2 refrigerated pie doughs (15oz each)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and salt to a medium-sized pan. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes while stirring. Once the filling is bubbly and thickened, remove from heat and let it cool.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sprinkle the flour on a clean counter or cutting board. Roll out the pie doughs on the floured surface so that they are ⅛ to ¼ inch thick.
- Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter (or any round object that is easy to trace), cut out 18 rounds of dough.
- Place 9 of the rounds of dough on the baking sheet.
- Place a slice of brie cheese onto each dough round. Dollop a teaspoon of jam filling on top of the brie, spreading it evenly across the middle of the pie base.
- On the remaining dough rounds, use a knife to cut a small “X” or a star cookie-cutter to cut out a star shape in the middle to allow for ventilation when baking.
- Place a second round of dough on top of each round with filling, creating a sandwich. Press down the edges to seal.
- Place the completed pies in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- While the pies are refrigerating, whisk the egg with water to create an egg wash.
- Remove the pies from the refrigerator. Using a fork, crimp the edges around each pie.
- Lightly brush the top of each pie with the egg wash.
- Bake the pies for 20-25 minutes until they are puffed up and golden. Let them cool slightly and enjoy!
Serving: 1 pie | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 361mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g