You’re probably used to seeing bruschetta made with tomato, but strawberry is a fantastic twist on the classic. It has a similar flavor profile– sweet and slightly tart and dressed in the classic extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and basil.
- 1 baguette
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- flake sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb California strawberries
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 handful basil leaves
- Slice the baguette into 10 equal slices at an angle.
- Brush each side with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and toast each side of the bread until golden brown.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and then cut each into quarters.
- Mix ¼ cup of the extra virgin olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss the strawberries in the dressing.
- Spoon the strawberries over the toasted bread. Thinly slice the basil leaves and scatter on top. Season the tops of the toasts with salt and pepper to taste.