You’re probably used to seeing bruschetta made with tomato but strawberry is a fantastic twist on the classic. It has a similar flavor profile– sweet and slightly tart and dressed in the classic extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and basil.
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 baguette
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful basil leaves
- flake sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the baguette in 1/4 inch slices at an angle. Brush each side with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a pan over medium high heat and toast each side of the bread until golden brown.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and quarter strawberries. Mix 1/4 cup of the extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Toss the strawberries in the dressing.
- Spoon the strawberries over the toasted bread. Thinly slice the basil leaves and scatter on top. Season the tops of the toasts with salt and pepper to taste.