This Strawberry and Brussels Sprouts Flatbread, by Kristina LaRue, RD, CSSD, of loveandzest.com, will excite your taste buds and be gone in a flash. Flatbreads are as versatile as strawberries because they can be sweet or savory and served anytime of the day! Not only does this recipe deliver a unique pairing of flavors, the strawberries provide a boost of vitamin C. In fact, one serving of eight strawberries packs 110% of your daily recommended value. Who can say no to that?
Strawberry & Brussels Sprouts Flatbread
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 4.4 oz naan flatbread
- 3 Tbsp Mascarpone cheese softened
- 2 tsp strawberry preserves
- ½ cup shredded Brussels sprouts 2 large Brussels sprouts
- 1 large strawberry sliced
- 1 oz ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp balsamic glaze for garnish
- 2 fresh basil leaves chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and place flatbread on sheet.
- In small bowl, mix together mascarpone cheese and strawberry preserves. Spread strawberry cheese mixture evenly on flatbread.
- Top flatbread with shredded Brussels sprouts, strawberry slices and goat cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and season with freshly ground pepper.
- Bake in 400-degree oven for 12 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh basil. Slice flatbread into 4–8 pieces.