Strawberries & chia seeds are both packed with fiber, and can help decrease inflammation. We have a simple Strawberry Chia Jam that is quick to make- no fancy equipment or preservatives required. Spread it on toast or swirl it into your yogurt for a healthy snack.
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 2 cups California strawberries, chopped
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-3 Tbsp maple syrup depending on how sweet you want your jam
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Rinse your strawberries, pat them dry, and remove stems.
- Chop strawberries into quarters.
- Place strawberries into a small pot with water and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the fruit starts to break down and look syrupy. Stir frequently to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Remove from heat. Using a potato masher, mash strawberries into smaller pieces until it’s as smooth (or lumpy) as you’d like.
- Stir in lemon juice, maple syrup, and chia seeds. We recommend starting with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and tasting before adding more.
- Optional: If you want to get rid of visible chia seeds and strawberry lumps, blend the mixture before placing into jars for storage.
- Allow the mixture to thicken for at least 10 minutes before transferring into jars. The jam will continue to thicken as it cools.