This sweet and savory dish, drizzled with pecan sauce, is a fresh take on chile rellenos.
Strawberry Chile Relleno
Yield: 4 Chile Rellenos
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped white or yellow onion
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 poblano peppers
For the pecan sauce:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
For the garnish:
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and sauté the onion and ground beef on medium heat.
- Add the pecans, cranberries and paprika; season with salt and pepper and remove when browned.
- Grill or broil the peppers until lightly charred and place in a plastic bag for 10 minutes to “sweat.” Under running water, remove the skin.
- With the point of a sharp knife, cut lengthwise and remove the seeds and veins.
- Fill the peppers with the meat mixture; bake at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by blending the pecans, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Serve the chiles on a platter and garnish with strawberries and parsley leaves.
Serving: 1 Chile Relleno | Calories: 768kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 65g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 682mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin C: 88mg