Our take on a classic chocolate chip cookie! With dark chocolate chunks and fresh strawberries, these are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil softened
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ¾ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- ¾ cup fresh California strawberries washed & chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter or coconut oil, cane sugar, turbinado sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Add each egg, one at a time, to the butter mixture. Mix in between each addition.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing it in until ingredients are combined. Make sure not to overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and then strawberries with a spatula.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop balls of cookie dough and place them on the baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet and bake for another 4 minutes. Rotate again and bake for 2-4 more minutes, until cookies are golden brown. Baking time will vary depending on the oven and the size of the cookies.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes. Then transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack.