These mini muffins are a great breakfast or easy healthy snack to grab as you’re running out the door. They’re perfect for kids and adults alike – plus, they’re vegan!
Vegan Strawberry Banana Mini Muffins
- 1 cup California strawberries chopped
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp warm water
- 2 small ripe bananas approx. 1 ½ cups
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash the strawberries and pat them dry. Hull and chop into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, make a flax egg. Combine the ground flaxseed with warm water. Stir, then let it sit for about 5 minutes until thick.
- In a separate large bowl, mash up the peeled bananas using a fork or potato masher.
- Add melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and flax egg to the mashed bananas and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Little by little, add the dry ingredients into the banana mixture. Mix well until it is a smooth consistency.
- Add the strawberries, and gently fold them into the batter.
- Line a mini muffin tray with paper liners. Fill the muffin tins with the batter and bake in the oven for 13-16 minutes until the muffins are golden on top. (Note: if you choose to make regular sized muffins, they will take 20-23 minutes to bake.)