This isn’t your typical caprese salad! Replace tomatoes with fresh strawberries and watermelon to create a fruity version for summertime.
Strawberry Watermelon Caprese Salad
- 1/8 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 ½ strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 cup watermelon cubed
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Wash strawberries and pat them dry. Hull and slice strawberries and cut watermelon into bite sized cubes.
- Cut mozzarella into bite-size pieces.
- Mix strawberries, watermelon, mozzarella and basil leaves in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Serve cold and enjoy!