This festive, edible decoration is great for Fourth of July entertaining! These Strawberry Firecracker Pops are a fun and easy project to make with the kids (and to eat afterwards!).
Strawberry Firecracker Pops
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 12 California strawberries stems removed
- 12 lollipop sticks
- 8 oz red candy melts
- 8 oz white candy melts
- ½ cup blue sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry strawberries and remove the stems.
- Stick a lollipop stick into the base of each strawberry. If any strawberry juice come out, pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat up the red candy melts in the microwave. Stir occasionally until it is a smooth consistency.
- Dip each strawberry into the red chocolate so that it is completely covered. Make sure there is chocolate covering the area around the skewer so that it stays in place.
- Place the strawberries onto the baking sheet and let them dry for at least 10 minutes so that the chocolate hardens.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, stirring until it is a smooth consistency.
- Dip each strawberry into the white chocolate so that it covers about ½ of the strawberry. Make sure there is a stripe of red still showing at the top.
- Let the white chocolate dry for 20 seconds, then dip the tip of the strawberry into a small bowl of blue sprinkles. Make sure some of the white is still showing.
- Place the strawberry onto the baking sheet. Let them dry for at least 15 minutes. Place the strawberries into the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- Once the chocolate has completely dried, serve and enjoy!