Ice cream floats bring back so many great memories of summer and good times spent with friends and family. This Strawberry Float recipe is a bit dressed up – almost too pretty to eat! Fix these up for a backyard BBQ, a quick and easy dessert that the kids will love, or even just an indulgent afternoon treat.
We’ve made ours with dairy-free vanilla ice cream, but you can use regular ice cream if you prefer.
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to Collection
- 16 oz. sparkling water
- 2 scoops ½ cup dairy free vanilla ice cream
- 16 fresh California strawberries hulled and chopped
- 1/4 cup honey/maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
To make Strawberry Syrup:
- In a medium saucepan bring strawberries, honey/maple syrup and water to a boil over medium heat. Mash strawberries as they cook to break them down & release more juices. Once boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for an additional 8 mins. Remove from heat and let cool. Add to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
To make Float:
- Divide strawberry syrup mixture between 2 tall glasses. Pour in equal amounts of sparkling water and stir to combine. Top each with a scoop of dairy free vanilla ice cream, serve immediately with a straw & spoon.