A California Strawberries take on a Hummus Pita Sandwich recipe!
These California Strawberry Hummus Pita Sandwiches are a modern twist on a Mediterranean favorite.
Strawberry Hummus Pita Sandwiches
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 cups hulled and quartered California strawberries
- 1 14.5 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 whole wheat pitas cut in half
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup sliced cucumber
- 4 medium California strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 bunch watercress
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ recipe California Strawberry Hummus
To make the Strawberry Hummus:
- Place strawberries, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, pepper and salt in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Blend until very smooth.
To make the Pita Sandwiches:
- Spread 1/2 of the strawberry hummus inside pita halves.
- Fill with chicken, onion, cucumber, sliced strawberries, watercress and feta.
- Use the other half of the hummus for dipping, if desired.
Serving: 1 sandwich | Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 1216mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 9g