A chewy, lemon sugar cookie with a buttery crisp edge topped with the best strawberry buttercream frosting! These truly are the best strawberry lemonade cookies and they are perfect to serve year round! Recipe by Sugar & Charm.
Strawberry Lemonade Sugar Cookies
Yield: 24 Cookies
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Cookie Sheet
- Electric Mixer
- Blender or Food Processo
For Lemon Cookies
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg
- 2 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling
For the Strawberry Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/8 cup strawberry puree
- vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add in the egg, lemon zest and lemon juice. Continue to beat on high until egg is fully incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the dry ingredients. Beat on low until well-blended.
- Roll 1” cookie balls in granulated sugar.
- Place the cookies on the lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack.
- To make the buttercream frosting, slice the stems off 8 fresh strawberries.
- Add them into a blender or food processor to puree.
- In a mixing bowl beat together butter, strawberry puree, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla extract until soft and creamy.
- Spread a dollop of frosting over each cookie.
- Add a sliced strawberry over the top.