These delicious and nutritious (but most importantly, easy!) muffins are the perfect addition to back-to-school lunchboxes, as they’re packed with protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals (and a lot of yumminess!). Recipe by Sarah Remmer.
Strawberry Lunchbox Blender Muffins
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Blender or food processor, muffin tin.
- 250 mL 1 cup Vanilla or Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ripe bananas mashed (about 250 mL/1 cup)
- 2 eggs whisked
- 30 mL 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 500 mL 2 cups rolled or quick oats
- 75 mL ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 7 mL ½ tbsp baking powder
- 2 mL ½ tsp baking soda
- 5 mL 1 tsp vanilla
- 250 mL 1 cup fresh California strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F) and lightly spray or paper line 12 muffin tins.
- In a blender or a food processor, add all the ingredients, except for mixed berries, and blend until smooth.
- Add mixed berries into the blender. Using a large wooden spoon, gently fold them into the mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup ¾ full.
- Bake for about 17 minutes or until the tops of your muffins are set. Cool in pan for about 10 – 15 minutes before serving.