Treat yourself to a round of these Strawberry Rhubarb coolers! Strawberry rhubarb, lime, and gin come together for a sweet and refreshing cocktail.
Strawberry Rhubarb Coolers
Yield: 4 Cocktails
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 cup chopped California strawberries
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz strawberry rhubarb syrup
- 4 oz fresh lime juice
- 4 oz gin or vodka optional
- 4 cups crushed ice
- 12 oz sparkling water
- 1 rhubarb ribbon, lime wheel or fresh California strawberry
- First make the strawberry rhubarb syrup. Combine chopped strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer, then lower heat for 20 minutes until strawberries and rhubarb begin to break down.
- Pour the strawberry rhubarb mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Allow the syrup to cool before making the cocktail.
- In four glasses, pour 1 oz strawberry rhubarb syrup, 1 oz fresh lime juice, 1 oz gin or vodka (optional) in each glass.
- Stir well to combine ingredients.
- Add crushed ice to each glass, then top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a rhubarb ribbon, a lime wheel, or a fresh strawberry.
If there is any remaining strawberry rhubarb syrup, it can be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1 glass | Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g