Treat yourself to a round of these Strawberry Rhubarb coolers! Strawberry rhubarb, lime, and gin come together for a sweet and refreshing cocktail.
Strawberry Rhubarb Coolers
- 1 oz strawberry rhubarb syrup*
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz gin or vodka optional
- 3 oz sparkling water
- Crushed ice
- *Strawberry Rhubarb Syrup makes enough for 4 cocktails:
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- To make syrup:
- First make the strawberry rhubarb syrup. Combine chopped strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer, then lower heat for 20 minutes until strawberries and rhubarb begin to break down.
- Pour the strawberry rhubarb mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Allow the syrup to cool before making the cocktail.
- To make the cocktail, combine strawberry rhubarb syrup, fresh lime juice, and gin (or vodka) in a tall glass. If making a mocktail, skip the liquor. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Add crushed ice to the glass, then top with soda.
- Garnish with a rhubarb ribbon, a lime wheel, or a fresh strawberry.