These plant-based breakfast cookies can be whipped up in 20 minutes and are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast, to pack in a school lunch, or to enjoy as an afternoon snack. Recipe by Alex Caspero of Plant-Based Juniors.
Vegan Strawberry Breakfast Cookies
Yield: 8 Cookies
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- food processor
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup fresh strawberries chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a food processor, combine dates, water, peanut butter, and the banana, and blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add rolled oats, baking soda, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt to the bowl with the peanut butter mixture. Mix well.
- Fold chopped strawberries into the batter.
- Scoop batter onto the baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
Serving: 1 Cookie | Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 150mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin C: 7mg