If you’re thinking about a romantic meal for Valentine’s Day or just an extra special treat for someone you care about, there aren’t a lot of foods that say ‘I love you’ better than this Strawberry Heart Salad – red, heart-shaped, strawberries to show some love – it’s the sweetest thing.
For that very reason, we asked the lovely dietitian and YouTube sensation, Abbey Sharpe, to share her thoughts about what to serve – and what NOT to serve – on Valentine’s Day. Ladies, she’s got some great tips, especially for the guys, so go check out the video and then share with yours – hey, we can all use a little advice from time to time.
Valentine’s Recipe and Giveaway
In case you missed the recipe for Abbey’s romantic Strawberry and Cucumber Salad, you can find the details below.Enjoy!
Strawberry Heart Salad with Cucumber and Balsamic
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large English cucumber shaved using a vegetable peeler or mandolin
- 1½ cups strawberries hulled, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chevre if desired
- Heat the balsamic vinegar over medium high heat until it has reduced to a thick syrup, about 5-7 minutes.
- Place the cucumber on a plate, top with strawberries, almonds, and chevre (if using) and season with salt and pepper to taste