Unlike the processed strawberry milk on the market, this creamy, delicious version includes real California strawberries. Strawberries have more vitamin C than an orange and are packed with essential vitamins, dietary fiber, potassium and health-promoting phytochemicals. In fact, did you know that research suggests eating just 1 cup of strawberries a day may improve heart health, lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of some cancers and support brain function? Sweet. Now that is an after school snack everyone can feel good about!
Strawberry Cashew Milk
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups water plus more for soaking
- 2 cups roughly chopped strawberries
- ½ - 1 Tbsp maple syrup adjust for sweetness
- Place the cashews in a large bowl and cover generously with water. Allow to soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews, then place in a high speed blender with the 2 cups of water. Blend for 3-4 minutes, until completely smooth.
- Add the strawberries and maple syrup to taste and blend for another 2 minutes, until completely smooth.
- If necessary (depends how good your blender is), strain the milk through a fine mesh strainer.
- Serve cold and enjoy! Seal any extra in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 1 week. Shake if separation occurs.