Enjoy this guest post by Anne Mauney of Fannetastic Food: When I was a kid, I used to LOVE strawberry milk. Thinking about it now, I kind of cringe – tons of sugar, artificial color and flavor, and who knows what else. But then I thought – why not create a healthy homemade version of our old classic favorite, this time using real strawberries? Just in time for back to school season, too!
Strawberry Cashew Milk
This homemade strawberry milk is a healthy twist on the classic childhood favorite. It makes a great afternoon snack for both kids and adults!
Servings 4 cups
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups water plus more for soaking
- 2 cups roughly chopped strawberries
- ½ - 1 Tbsp maple syrup adjust for sweetness
- Place the cashews in a large bowl and cover generously with water. Allow to soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews, then place in a high speed blender with the 2 cups of water. Blend for 3 - 4 minutes, until completely smooth. Add the strawberries and maple syrup to taste and blend for another 2 minutes, until completely smooth. If necessary (depends how good your blender is), strain the milk through a fine mesh strainer.
- Serve cold and enjoy! Seal any extra in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 1 week. Shake if separation occurs.