This simple quinoa salad is perfect for summer! With strawberries for sweetness, avocados for creaminess, and fresh mint for a pop of flavor, it will be a go-to all summer long. Bring it to the beach, a potluck or serve it as a side for a fresh, summer dinner! Recipe by Simply Quinoa.
Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Avocado
Yield: 4 Servings
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For the salad:
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped strawberries about 8
- 1 small avocado diced
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped mint
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Add the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or allow to chill in the fridge for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Optional mix-ins include: tofu, chickpeas, grilled chicken, grilled shrimp or grilled steak.
Serving: 1 cup | Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 15mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin C: 27mg
One Comment on “Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Avocado”
Suzy ByersJune 27, 2021 at 10:59 am
We loved this salad. The dressing was so light and summery. We enjoyed the strawberries and mint combination. We thought it looked pretty laid on a bed of spinach and garnished with feta crumbles and pecans.